DROPS Arctic Tide Sweater

 DROPS Arctic Tide is a free pattern available on the garnstudio website here.

The Man wanted an aran sweater so I purchased a quantity of DROPS Air with this purpose in mind, but then reconsidered and thought I might prefer knitting a gansey style sweater instead - just not in 5 ply as I really couldn't face the amount of work involved. I originally planned this project using the Modern Gansey, but this is more of a recipe than a pattern and I just wanted it to be really lazy about it and I got quite frustrated. Put down project for 6 months. Then with Man's 50th approaching I decided to pull this back out and start again using the Arctic Tide pattern that was designed for this yarn. So much easier!! The stitch texture looks great with the floof of the yarn and gives it a blurry effect. And bonus - I don't have to think too hard. 



I'm now coming to the end of the yoke. Trying only to knit when he isn't home so he doesn't know what I'm up to, so progress is currently slow. I have till November.

edit: a review of this pattern has made me realise that I have missed a band of stocking stitch in the yoke. I have no intention of frogging back and fixing it. I like mine better.

Manifestation mantra: May the rest of your life be filled with love, happiness, health and positivity.

Comments

Popular Posts