Thursday, 23 April 2015

Joy and Woes


 

 

Joys and Woes

 

I finally managed to finish the Spring Shell Sweater pattern! I just need to calculate yarn requirements and get some proper photos taken, so hopefully it should be popping up on Ravelry within the next week. It will be available for FREE until I can get the photos done and edited!

 

 

This week I have been working on a new sock design, which I’m quite excited about. Here’s a little sneaky peek…

 

IMG_20150423_131829

 

I’ve also finished my first square for the Geekalong blanket.

bubblegum

 

I really need to get a move on if I’ve got any hope of finishing before the end of the year. I decided to learn Tunisian crochet for this project, and I must say it is addictive, and a lot of fun! If you want to find out more about the Geekalong blanket, then you can click on the little icon in the right sidebar and that should take you where you need to go.

 

Everything around my house is falling apart now that the warmer weather is here. My car likes it’s own engine management light so much, it keeps switching it on for no discernable reason. The garden fence is doing a great impression of the Grand Ole Duke of York for the third spring running. And the boiler is being weird again. I’ve decided I need to live in a flat with no gas supply, no garden, within walking distance of major amenities so I don’t need to drive anywhere. I bet I’d save about £100 per month.

Andrea James

Andrea is a compulsive crafter, bibliophile, and knitwear designer from small town UK. She loves ridiculous sweaters and vintage knitting patterns. She currently lives with her teenage daughter, three cats and an elderly guinea pig, and is usually found squashed into a corner of the sofa surrounded by yarn and books.