Tuesday, 24 September 2013

Coffee Cozy

I've been a bit under the weather lately, but I still have lots to show you. I've been enjoying some machine sewing. Sewing is something I have never really got to grips with and so have never liked, but altering altering some jeans last week I thought I'd make an effort. I really need a blind for my bathroom and have been procrastinating about it since February. Now with the darker nights returning, I need to do it. It's bad enough I have to look at my neighbours blurry naked silhouette, I don't want to be inflicting it on others! So in the spirit of neighbourliness I decided to acquire some skills. So I got this little book from my local library.














Some scrap fabric and a couple of hours later and I produced this lovely cafetiere cozy.





No more lukewarm coffee for me (not as quickly anyway). This book is very handy and there are a couple of other warm-up projects in here I have my eye on. I like the thick pages, and the little wallet at the back to put the patterns in. It feels like it would stand up to a good deal of wear and tear. The book is divided into sections for different rooms of the home.The supplies list, cutting list, and instructions are all clearly separated, and the instructions have nice, clear photos, which is very useful to someone as useless as me.

3 comments:

  1. What a neat idea. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also I adore you blog's name. I love pandas.

      Delete
  2. Very nice. I need a cozy for my French press also.

    ReplyDelete