Wednesday, 3 April 2013

WIP Wednesday #4


 

A horse cushion. Yep, that’s what this weeks WIP is. Not my usual kind of territory really. Thought I’d try something new. I need a rug for the lounge to hide a nasty mark on the laminate floor, and I thought maybe making a latch hook rug would be a good way to use up some wool scraps and a big piece of sack cloth I aquired. Problem: I don’t know how to latch hook! So I bought this cushion kit in the Hobbycraft sale, purely so I could teach myself. I’m actually quite pleased with the way this is turning out, and it is good fun!

DSC01979

I’m still not sure I want this on my sofa when it’s finished though. I may put it up for sale, I haven’t decided yet. Any opinions?

You can find lots more WIP Wednesday loveliness over at Tami's Amis.

Andrea James

Andrea is a compulsive crafter, bibliophile, and knitwear designer from small town UK. She loves ridiculous sweaters and vintage knitting patterns. She currently lives with her teenage daughter, three cats and an elderly guinea pig, and is usually found squashed into a corner of the sofa surrounded by yarn and books.