Friday, 29 June 2012

Nefarious web KAL


Guess what happened to me? I caught the shawl knitting bug! Something I thought would never happen as I usually don't have the patience for lace knitting, but these things seem to knit up surprisingly quick. In less than a fortnight I've nearly finished this one.




This is the Nefarious Web mystery KAL on the Criminal Knits Ravelry board. Suffice to say all other knitting has understandably been put aside for this endevour.

I have managed to get some crochet done too though. I'm making this little amugarumi cow for dd. I'm still a bit of a noob at crochet, so I'm pleased with myself about this.



I've also been intermittently playing with the Time Box and managed to make the front more pleasing to my eyes, just by adding another coat of orange and reprinting the clocks on thicker paper, and finishing off with some embellishments. Haven't spent as much time on it as I would have liked for the aforementioned reason. School hols will be upon us soon though, which should give me some more hours.
Andrea James

Andrea is a compulsive crafter, bibliophile, and knitwear designer from small town UK. She loves ridiculous sweaters and vintage knitting patterns. She currently lives with her teenage daughter, three cats and an elderly guinea pig, and is usually found squashed into a corner of the sofa surrounded by yarn and books.